awareness, understanding, mindfulness.
There are currently 2 Senior positions available.
A Friendly Note:
Individuals can only hold 1 Senior position at a time. Meetings will be centered around MST time.
For more information about Free Your Mind, visit our social media pages!
To learn more about Speak Your Mind, visit:
Director of Communications
- Interest in social media post creation and promotion.
- Highly driven and self-motivated.
- Comfortable with handling interpersonal conflict and problem-solving.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Comfortable taking initiative.
- Able to lead and facilitate communication across multiple people.
- Formal experience with managing social media presence (i.e., for an organization, club, etc.) is an asset but not necessary.
1. Oversee all social media content, across teams and platforms.
- Ensure consistency of posts. The minimum is one post per week on Instagram from the central Free Your Mind social media channel. Follow up with Directors of Marketing if posts are late, subpar, or if there are other concerns.
- Ensure high quality of posts. Consider the overall aesthetics of the post, proper use of the Free Your Mind logo, and adherence to our colour palettes.
- Ensure accessibility of content. Become familiar with accommodations available across platforms, such as image description functions on Instagram.
- Ensure content safety. Edit for stigmatizing terms around mental health, potentially discriminatory statements or images.
- Report progress and any concerns to the Executive Director, during meetings and as requested.
- Collaborate with the Director of Video Creation to create video content for social media.
2. Manage recruitment efforts.
- Communicate with Directors of Speak Your Mind, Events Team, and Video Creation to set realistic targets for recruitment.
- Create recruitment graphics for social media channels.
- Ensure recruitment information, such as volunteer responsibilities, member photos and bios, etc., are updated across all electronic platforms with the help of the Information Technology volunteers.
- Manage and monitor application platforms.
Estimated Time Commitment: Variable depending on current events.
Director of Marketing (Events Team)
- Interest in social media post design and creation.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly motivated and self-driven.
- Able to take initiative.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment as a team player.
- Experience with visual design.
- Experience with social media post creation (e.g., for an organization, business, club, etc.) is an asset but not necessary.
1. Collaborate closely with the Events Team.
- Attend all mandatory Events Team meetings.
- Schedule and attend one-on-one meetings with the Director of Events to discuss the team’s outreach needs.
- Where desired, work directly with Events Team members to plan, design, and edit social media posts. Act in a mentoring capacity to people interested in graphic design.
2. Ensure timely and high-quality posts:
- Create a posting schedule that is available to the Events Team and the Director of Communications.
- Create, edit, and publish high-quality posts according to the schedule, and according to the Events Team’s needs.
- Ensure the accessibility of all events related outreach materials, such as preparing Instagram’s Alt Text function for people with vision disabilities.
3. Proactively solve problems:
- Respectfully communicate concerns, suggestions, and questions to Events Team general volunteers or the Director of Events, wherever necessary.
- Resolve creative differences between the Events Team and themselves.
- Monitor all social media channels outside of the Speak Your Mind pages, responding to comments, deleting inappropriate remarks, and generally ensuring the page’s aesthetics.
- Pass on any comments that may be triggering to the Director of Communications and the Executive Director, especially if the commenter alludes to suicide or suicidal ideation.
Estimated Time Commitment: 2 hours per week.
There are currently 2 Junior positions available.
A Friendly Note:
Individuals can hold up to 2 Junior positions at a time. Meetings will be centered around MST time.
Video Creation and Editing Team – General Volunteer
- Familiarity with Adobe AE, PR, PS and/ or Harmony is an asset but not a necessity.
- Ability to create original and eye-catching digital art.
- Proficiency with basic animations.
- Excellent time management.
- Proactive communication with team members
- Ability to de-escalate and resolve interpersonal conflict.
- Familiarity with relevant copyright laws and regulations.
- Create short (3-6 minutes] videos for YouTube in conjunction with the relevant FYM team. This involves animation or stock footage creation/ compilation, video editing, and sound editing. Concept, scripts, and voice acting will be provided by the relevant FYM team (but involvement at these stages is welcome if interested).
- Create short (10-30 seconds) clips for use on FYM social media in the form of Instagram Reels, TikToks, etc. in conjunction with the relevant FYM team. Similarly to YouTube video creation, this involves either animation or stock footage creation/ compilation, editing, and sound editing. Concept, scripts, and any necessary voice acting will be provided by the relevant FYM team.
- Edit podcast recordings provided by other FYM teams. This involves creating thumbnails for each episode and sound editing.
Estimated Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week
Information Technologies Team – General Volunteer
- Familiarity with website design and editing (experience with WordPress specifically is an asset).
- Understanding of cyber-security across platforms.
- Effective digital troubleshooting.
- Proficient time management.
- Proactive communication with other Free Your Mind personnel.
- Maintain and update the Free Your Mind website on an as-needed basis.
- Set up virtual events, in collaboration with other Free Your Mind teams.
- Manage cyber-security across social media and video conferencing platforms.
- Engage in digital troubleshooting.
Estimated Time Commitment: 1 hour per week
You may fill out the program application form below or access it externally through the following link: https://forms.gle/tX78YsWq7Crxxrgc9